Financial support (Application Deadline: 25 October 2019)
Financial support may be provided for up to 10 professional journalists from Mediterranean countries. Applications for financial support will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis and in light of the following selection criteria:
- Track record of coverage of environmental affairs in the Mediterranean region;
- Media outlets in which the applicant intends to publish articles and other types of content produced at COP21;
- Gender balance – applications from female journalists are strongly encouraged.
The need for financial support must be indicated in the “financial support section” of the accreditation form. Applicants are requested to specify the media outlets that will publish articles and other types of content produced at COP21.
Applicants for financial support are required to submit their accreditation requests no later than 25 October 2019.
- Selected journalists will be issued with an invitation letter from the UNEP/MAP—Barcelona Convention Secretariat to facilitate Visa applications, where applicable.
- Travel will be arranged by the UNEP/MAP —Barcelona Convention Secretariat.
- Selected journalists will be responsible for booking their own accommodation in Naples.